Book Review: Red

Author/Illustrator: Jan De Kinder
Interest Level: Ages 4 and Up

About This Book: In this poignant story, a girl finds it funny when her classmate starts blushing on the school playground. Her friends laugh along with her, but one student takes the teasing too far. Torn between her sympathy for her classmate and her fear of the bully, the girl must make a difficult choice. This heartfelt book will inspire readers to find the courage to take a stance against bullying and show compassion towards others. 

Why It's On My Bookshelf: I'm starting to focus even more on the bystanders as part of our bully prevention at my school. They are a group that needs empowerment and given the permission to do something when they witness the mistreatment of others. It's a story with really impactful illustrations and words. I was so excited to see this new title. Definitely a difference maker!





A Link to This Book and Others You Might Find Helpful:  

1 comment

  1. I am an elementary school counselor. I'm starting to focus even more on the bystanders as part of our bully prevention at my school. They are a group that needs empowerment and given the permission to do something when they witness the mistreatment of others. Red is a story with really impactful illustrations and words. It gets right to the point. I was so excited to see this new title. Definitely a difference maker with kids and so happy to have it as a resource!

    Marlene
    Real Estate Lake LBJ

    ReplyDelete